How is Tambr different from every other streaming service?
Tambr is focused on solving a very particular problem for a specific part of our society. We believe that creators deserve a place to share their work and be fairly compensated for it.
This is not a platform for finding the latest pop hit or even finding golden oldies. We are focused on empowering new artists, allowing them to make a living off while creating something of value for their communities.
How do I host an event?
Hosting an event on Tambr is easy! After you create your artist account, sign in and navigate to the Aux Room link under the Social Listening section of the left side-bar. From there, you can click the Create Event button and fill out the details of your event. Be sure to use a square image as this will look best on all versions of our platform (desktop & mobile)!
Why should I host an event on Tambr?
Tambr is built for artists, and we are constantly trying to find ways to better serve this community. Here are a couple of things that make our events different:
- Synchronized playlists - your guests can listen to your new album release combined with an intimate live concert.
- Built in donate button/tip jar - anyone who donates to you will also automatically be signed up to become a backer!
- The ability to sell tickets - we've made it simple to monetize your events, and we're even adding a special "comps" capability to share with your most die hard fans
- Built in merch table - This is coming soon!
How do I earn money?
There are three main ways that artists earn money on Tambr (and we're always looking to add more).
- Backer Program: Every premium user has the option to 'back' their favorite artist on Tambr. This means that 25% of their subscription goes directly toward that artist every month. This is the best way for artists to create a predictable stream of income for their work!
- Reaction Royalty (patent pending): This is a more passive means of earning. Every time a song is "liked" on Tambr, you earn a bigger proportion of our quarterly revenue share!
- Monetizing Events: Hosting events is the newest way to earn on Tambr! We're constantly adding new features, but as of today, you can sell tickets and collect tips directly through our platform. We will soon be adding the ability to sell your merchandise!
What's the catch?
There is none. Phew, that was easy.
How do I collect my earnings?
On the Artist Management Page (AMP) after login, click View Balance->Withdraw. From there, you will be given a set of options for how you'd like your funds disbursed. Please do allow a few business days for these requests to be processed. We've got a small shop and unfortunately, this isn't fully automated yet.
Further questions? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there any exclusivity rules?
Nope. You can post your music here and anywhere else.
How do I control my content?
All of the artist tools are handled on the Artist Management Page (AMP) which is the default view when artists
Can my events be sponsored by Tambr?
Yes! We regularly sponsor artists! We treasure the opportunity to work directly with you and meet your fans. If you're interested, please send us a note at email@example.com!
What is Tambr?
Tambr is a streaming music service built for the artistic community. Listen to great independent artist and connect with others who love indie art.
What are Aux Rooms?
We believe that music has incredible connective characteristics. They bring our communities closer to one another. That's why we've built our simultaneous listening experience, and it all happens in the Aux Rooms.
You can create an Aux Room just for you and your friends or you can join a public event. Our artists often host these to connect with their fans and release new music. To check them out, click Aux Rooms on the left side menu under the Social Listening header.
How much does it cost?
A standard membership for Tambr is FREE. You can upgrade your account to premium to further support artists, remove ads and get additional features. A premium subscription is $7.99 per month. It comes with a free 30 day trial, and you can cancel at any time.
How do I cancel my premuim subscription?
We are working on automating this process, but for now, we have to handle it manually for you. We handle these requests immediately and without second guessing. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any other questions?
Please feel free to shoot us a note at email@example.com!